Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-08-13 Origin:China Ship Inspection
1. In the process of boarding, check whether the boarding and departure facilities, such as gangways and springboards, have been constructed and installed in accordance with the guidelines set by the International Maritime Organization for ships whose keel is placed on or after January 1st, 2010.
2. The embarkation and disembarkation facilities of all ships should be inspected and maintained under appropriate conditions according to their intended use, taking into account all restrictions on safe loading; all steel wire ropes used to support embarkation and disembarkation facilities should be in accordance with SOLAS III/20.4 (Maintenance of the Davit). Before January 1, 2010, the SOLAS Convention does not require ships’ gangways, ramps, etc.
1. Regarding the arrangement of gangways and ramps, the competent authority considers that it is unreasonable or impractical to comply with certain specific regulations, and they may not be installed. e.g.:
(1) The ship has a small freeboard and a springboard; or
(2) The ship sails between designated ports, and these ports are correspondingly equipped with shore-based gangway/boarding ladder (platform).
2. The installation location of embarkation and disembarkation facilities should not be arranged in the cargo loading and unloading area (see MSC.1/Circ.1331).